Sunday, March 16, 2008

Stormy Atlanta!






Fred, Katya and I traveled to Atlanta on Friday to see my brother George and his family. We have had a wonderful time catching up, cooking, playing and even visiting the Atlanta zoo today. I should say George, Fred, Katya and Lillie visited the zoo; Jeanie and I shopped for decorating accessories for their beautiful home.

We weathered the storms Friday night and yesterday,experiencing wind, hale and a lot of rain! The tornado sirens were blaring yesterday afternoon and the golf-ball sized hale was beating my car to a pulp as we trekked down the highway in search of just the right piece of art for their living room. If we would have perished in the storm at least we would have died doing something we loved! I shouldn't joke, the storms were horrendous but rain, nor hale, nor wind, nor tornados could stop us from our mission of that perfect picture!

We don't know what's on the agenda for tomorrow, but the skies should be sunny so we'll see. My sister suggested the Atlanta aquarium, but I don't have the time to take out a second mortgage on my home to buy our tickets! It would be a $100 day by the time we purchase our aquarium passes, Marta tickets and lunch! Maybe we'll just see the new movie, "Horton Hears a Who." Two movie tickets, popcorn and drinks would only be $50!!

No comments: