Monday, June 16, 2008

Katya is coming home on Saturday



Fred, Katie and I had a three hour visit with Katya on Sunday. We took her out to dinner and for ice cream. It was wonderful to see her and she seemed genuinely glad to see us! She was thrilled and relieved when we told her she was coming home, and then talked of nothing else for the rest of our visit. She understands things will be different and accepted that fact without argument. Her behavior analyst is coming to the house this week to give us guidelines, advice and encouragement!

Dr. Federici will give us the results of her tests later this week and we are anxious to get the full report. The more information we have, the better equipped we are to help Katya.

I'll post when we get the test results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is soooooooo wonderful. I am so happy for Katya and I can't wait to have my Best Friend back. I can't wait to talk to her. I am looking forward to go to the beach and i would like to know how her English is coming. I will still keep you in my prayers though because I know how difficult this probablly is and anything could happen at this point.