Sunday, June 1, 2008

Update


Fred and I picked Katya up at the center and took her to Dr. Federici's office on Thursday. Katya was very talkative and peppy on the drive over, but her mood quickly changed once she met with the doctor. She told him some pretty disturbing things, most of which I don't want to get into now. By the time we left she was pretty agitated and the drive back to the center was silent. Dr. Federici told us we probably have two years of intense therapy ahead of us, along with radical changes at home, such as living by a highly structured, unbending schedule including not being more than three feet away from Fred or me for the forseeable future. We are putting our faith in this doctor because frankly, we have no other choice. We must heal Katya.

2 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Hi Shelia - Thank you so much for the email. I just read through your blog and I am in awe at your strength and determination. Katya is so very, very lucky to have you and Fred as parents and someday - after a lot of hard work - she will be so grateful. I don't know first hand what you are going through, but I can imagine how wearing it must be. Thanks for sharing your blog with me - I always appreciate the "reality" in people's adoptions. If I can ever help in any way, even to just lend an ear, please just let me know. You all will be in our prayers and we look forward to reading about Katya's progress. Many Blessings - Becky

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Buoni You guys have done soooo much to help Katya. I am blessed with her to be my best friend at school and at home. I am sooo glad she has just wonderful parents and I hope to see her again someday.