Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We should have answers soon



I'm sorry I haven't posted lately but there hasn't been much news. Fred and I did get to talk to Katya on Sunday evening and she sounded good. We take her for her testing tomorrow so we will see her for the first time since May 29th. We won't get to spend much time together because we are only transporting her to and from the appointment but at least we'll get to give her a hug! Hopefully Dr. Federici will provide some answers soon after the testing so we can begin the healing process.

When I get really down I watch Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" on the computer to make me feel better. I need some positive influences now versus the doctor's many doom and gloom scenarios. Isn't it weird that I turn to a dying man to cheer me up...
One of my favorite parts of the lecture is when Randy says, "When we are facing death it's not the things we do in life that we regret, but the things we don't do." I want to do everything in our reach to help Katya and try to undo what horrors were done to her as a child. I am realistic and know that we cannot wipe out all the bad memories but at least we can give her the emotional strength and unconditional love to heal. Fred and I both know it will be a long and painful journey but we are determined.

No comments: