Thursday, September 27, 2007

6th Grade Rocks!!




Katya had a WONDERFUL first day of school! She was so excited this morning that she could barely eat her breakfast. When I picked her up this afternoon I asked her if school was good. Her response was, "Yes Mama, YES!" Fred and I went to 'Back to School Night' at her school tonight and met her teachers. I really like her ESOL teacher and I can tell Katya does too. Katya was eager to review her letters and sounds tonight which made me happy. She started to lose interest recently but school has jump-started her willingness to learn. When I picked her up today at school three girls were standing with her and they all said, "Bye, Katya!" One of the girls is in her Sunday School class so Katya already had friends at school. Being around children and having a routine is just what she needed. I am so happy that she is so happy!

P. S. Katya's chest x-ray was negative, no TB!

No comments: