Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What a great day!



I have been dreading this day for a week but it was a great day! Katya's school physical was this morning and I thought it would be a fight from start to finish but she was wonderful. She wouldn't open her mouth or cooperate with the doctor in Russia so I figured we would have a repeat performance here but she was delightful. She was especially proud when she could tell the nurse all the letters on the eye chart! After the appointment I took her to see Katie at work (she always loves to see Katie) and then horseback riding at a friend's house. Katya loves horses! She rode Velvet with the confidence of a seasoned equestrian! Thank you Julia and Christina for your patience and guidance with Katya. You are angels! I am so blessed with the greatest friends. Julia and Christina are now part of the village raising Katya! The village keeps growing and growing.

Tomorrow we begin the school registration process. The school will schedule testing in the next two weeks, and after the testing is completed she can start school. She is very anxious to go to school, but she's made it crystal clear she doesn't want to ride the bus! Once she sees all the neighborhood kids riding the bus she'll probably change her mind.

P.S. I made a discovery today....High School Musical 2 isn't out on DVD yet....no one told me! It won't be released for a few months. I can't believe we have to listen to High School Musical (the original) every day until HSM2 is released....Oh Lordy....

No comments: