Saturday, September 15, 2007

It takes a village to raise a child!


So many people have pitched in and helped my family since returning home with Katya. I cannot thank them enough. I have wonderful neighbors and friends who stop by when walking their dogs and invite Katya to come along. Katya adores animals and loves to walk dogs. Our dog Christy is 15 years old and cannot walk far so Katya loves walking a dog that is lively and energetic like her! Today she is being picked up by two high school girls from church, one of whom speaks Russian. They are taking Katya out for ice cream. Our friend Randy has become Katya's droog (friend) and asks everyday if she can ride on his motorcycle! Katie has been the best big sister ever, and Katya wants to spend every waking moment with her. Katya has moments when she misses her friends and teachers in Russia but her homesickness will fade as she makes new friends and learns to speak English. I appreciate the support and help we've received and I thank everyone for their kindness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheila,
Vicki shared your blogspot with me and I have truly enjoyed reading it. You are doing such an amazing thing and I'm sure that you are just as much a blessing to Katya as she is to you. I will continue to read your blogspot and pray for Katya's successful lifelong journey with her new family. She is a very lucky girl.
Traci Powell