Monday, October 22, 2007

Back from Sunny Florida



We had a great weekend celebrating the wedding of our friend Chick. The wedding was gorgeous and we are so thankful we could be part of their very happy occasion!

Katya had a great weekend as well, hanging out with my friends being waited on and catered to the entire time! She had a manicure and pedicure, and now I'm afraid she won't want to do her nails anymore! I can just hear it now..."Mama, I need to go to the nail salon, my nails are looking a little shabby!" She is such a girly girl; I now hide my make-up in my closet or she will put it on and not want to wash it off. I think 12 is a tad too young to wear eyeliner, mascara and lipstick! She wants to wear "dangly" earrings and anything that sparkles. Her leopard print shoes are wearing out and she is heartbroken. The thought of wearing plain shoes is just too much to bear! When I took her to the store to buy tennis shoes, she wouldn't even look at the New Balance or Adidas shoes. She selected a sleek pair of Guess black tennis shoes with gold laces! Of course they were the most expensive shoes in the store, but I knew if I insisted on the more athletic looking shoes she wouldn't wear them. I've learned the hard way on that front, if she doesn't absolutely love the item, she won't wear it once we bring it home. If I try to talk her into a particular item, forget it! She'll reluctantly agree to it in the store, then not wear it after purchase.
Patience, patience, patience...

No comments: