Sunday, October 28, 2007

Life is Grand!



Things in our household continue to get better and better. Katya hasn't called Russia since September 28th. She hasn't asked to go over to our Russian neighbors house for at least two weeks. She hasn't said "no" or cried in recent memory. She actually hugs us now, instead of standing in a rigid stance with her arms to her side. She is smiling constantly and has random bursts of affection when we least expect it. When I was tucking her into bed tonight, I told her she was "my baby." She said, "No baby Mama, I big!" I told her that Katie and Steven were my babies too. She asked, "three babies", and I said yes. She then said, "Four babies Mama, Sasha in Russia your baby too." (The Sasha she is referring to is a 9-year old boy at Podolsk Orphanage.) I said, "NO Katya, no more babies!" She kept saying, "Please Mama, please, four babies!" Sasha is an adorable boy who is a true orphan and was so sad to see Katya go. What have I started!

Tomorrow the tutor will attempt to explain Halloween to her. I'm sure she'll want to Trick-or-treat. This should be interesting.
It will be more interesting to see what costume she decided to wear....I'll post photos.

No comments: