Sunday, January 6, 2008

The agony of defeat



We had a wonderful time on Saturday at the George Mason University Men's Basketball game. Katya thoroughly enjoyed the game and wants to go back to see more games. Fortunately GMU defeated Towson State, which made it even sweeter! No such luck at Katya's game, although she did score two baskets. They lost yesterday and today too. Oh well, it's a good learning experience but it is still hard. She takes loses so personally, and she's a bear to be around after a defeat! I believe the final score today was 22 - 7, but Katya made four of the seven points! The girls on the opposing team were really aggressive, and I think that took Katya by surprise. She's not used to having elbows in her belly. I almost got up and marched out to the court and told one girl to behave! I hate it that sportsmanship has reached that level in elementary school.

I have one final day left until I go back to work. I wonder if I can get the trees down, do 10 loads of laundry and clean the house, all in a day? We shall see.

No comments: