Thursday, January 10, 2008

Seizing the opportunity!



Katya invited two school friends to our house tomorrow after school to play. Since she was elated that both invitations were accepted, I seized the opportunity and took down one Christmas tree tonight as she danced around the house in a most jubilant mood! She didn't say a word to me or react negatively so I feel she is finally ready for Christmas to be officially over! She has her hopes set on playing basketball with her friends tomorrow but rain is in the forecast. I wish it would snow instead of rain but with our current warm temperatures snow seems like a long-shot! Katya wore capri pants to school yesterday without a jacket! I keep trying to tell her this isn't normal winter weather but what IS normal weather anymore? My Russian friends tell me there is no snow on the ground in Moscow and the temperatures have been in the 30's and 40's. Definitely not normal. Maybe this means we can head to Ocean City in March for spring break week and swim in the Atlantic!

No comments: