Friday, July 27, 2007

Everyday...we wait.


Fred walks in everyday and one of the first things he says is, "Did you hear from Dove today?" Dove is our adoption agency in Oregon. What I want to say is, "Don't you think I would have called you if I had news of a court date!" Reminds me of that cell phone ad on TV (the dropped call one) where the woman screams into the phone...."WE'RE PREGNANT!" I would call Fred at work and scream, "WE GOT A COURT DATE, WE ARE GOING BACK TO RUSSIA!!!!!!" Twelve to fifteen days after the court date we will be bringing our daughter home, so we are more than anxious. We were told there is a small chance of an August court date, so of course I'm counting on August!
Tomorrow marks two weeks that we've been home. That's two weeks closer to getting Katya, but it also means we haven't seen Katya in two weeks. Very hard. I pray she understands that it’s not our choice to stretch out the process this long. I pray that she has a clear understanding that we are working very hard to make the adoption happen as quickly as possible. When we started the adoption in January, we were told it would take approximately 12 to 15 months so according to that estimation we ARE making it happen quickly! I can't wait for the day when we can have a deep, lenghty conversation without a translator! I know I'll be patient when it comes to language skills, I just wish I could be as patient with our court date!
THINK AUGUST EVERYONE!!

Photo: Katya in her bedroom at the orphanage

No comments: