Wednesday, July 18, 2007


We are so blessed that we have so many family members and friends who are genuinely interested in our adoption journey. Because of your keen interest, enthusiasm and caring, I have decided to copy my sister and create a blog! Thank you for your prayers, your words of encouragement and all the other ways you have supported us. It has been a long journey, fueled by our love of Katya and our overwhelming desire to bring her into our family.
It truly takes a village to adopt a child. When I sit here and think about all the favors we've asked of our friends and family, I am overwhelmed. First, there were the 10 letters of recommendation for our home study and dossier. I know how hard it was to paint us in the best possible light!! We truly appreciate your kind words. Second, there were the phone calls about possible connections you might have. "Hey, do you happen to know a psychologist or psychiatrist who is taking new patients?" I think we asked everyone we know! Luckily, we have a family member who rescued us in the 11th hour. THANKS!
There is our heroine, Leanne, a Marriott employee who gave us her friends and family discount that saved us $2,000 at the Moscow Marriott last week. How can we ever thank her enough? There are our wonderful children, who are making room in their hearts for another sibling. One of my biggest blessings is my sister, and I am so excited that Katie will have a sister as well. I pray they will have the same close relationship as Anne and I do. Steven endured trips to the INS for fingerprinting, and had to provide his life history for his Federal background check. I am grateful and so proud of you both. Also, there are my fellow Russia missionaries who have been there since the first moment at Podolsk Orphanage last December when the idea of adopting Katya was first voiced. Their overwhelming "YES" was all I needed to begin the journey. The second I got to a phone in Moscow and called Fred to ask him what he thought about adopting Katya, he said without a moments hesitation, "That's a great idea!"
I will try to post daily, keeping you up-to-date on our journey. Thanks again everyone, Fred and I are so grateful for our village!
Love, Sheila

No comments: