Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's official, I'm old!


It's official, I'm old! And I'm definitely not hip. This was confirmed tonight when I was watching an entertainment show while doing the dishes and they were talking about Lindsey Lohan. I can't even name one movie she's been in! Another mug shot featured on the show tonight was Mindy McCready. I've never heard of her! My friend emailed me today and talked about her teenage daughter being into Hannah Montana. Who? Katya told me her favorite singer was Fergie. The only Fergie I'm aware of was once married to Prince Andrew! I Googled Fergie when I came home from Russia and have posted the photo that was at the top of the Google list. I'm in trouble...
I'm starting to worry that Katya will think I'm an old fuddy-duddy! The kids in Russia definitely know who's popular in America. We tour the orphanages every year and see the posters hanging on their bedroom walls. It disturbs me deeply that I've seen many 50 Cent and Eminem posters. Why must they idolize those F-word, n-word spewing rappers? Why not Josh Groban or U-2? Oops, I'm showing my age again! I think I'll subscribe to People and Us Weekly so I can brush up on pop culture. I'm going to upload some Fergie songs on my iPod so I can sing along with Katya, providing the lyrics are G-rated. Figure the odds...

1 comment:

Check It Out said...

Nix Fergie. Hannah Montana is a cute show. Don't subscribe, just read eonline.com and people.com occassionally - that will be enough to make you want to crawl in a hole or move to the hills of West Virginia. :)